BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 29, 2009

Made to Remember

I was lessening to an old Michael Jackson song called 'Ben', I really didn't know how much one artist could affect another. but in many ways that song alone tugged at my heart, but it always had...it was a sweet song written by a little boy about his only friend, it is simple and heartfelt some of the most beautiful things are that simple. In my life right now the song takes a different light now that the maker of this sung poetry is gone, really Michael Jackson was a artist. He was corky and a little strange at times but many great artists are that way, some are called bitter and hard to know like Beethoven, Obsessive and pompous like Degas, Or careless and immature like Mozart. Some of the greatest artists go through there lives being misunderstood and with out any since of peace in the world they have been born in other then the art they create. its almost like living in a world of circles and you are clearly a triangle, its sad that the world that shunned Michael and ultimately made him a outcast, the world that showed him no mercy and called him a freak, made fun of him and joked about his faults, didn’t find out how much they loved him till he died.

the same people that persecuted him, honor him, its enough to make one that held a love for him in there hearts no matter what happened, sick...but that’s not the point now...I morn his lose, and for someone that made such great music as he did, there will never be another like him no matter the comparison’s that will be made. In many ways I think that the song 'Ben' now feels different, that it is sung by the people that really truly cared for Michael about Michael. this thought came to me after seeing a true fan of Michael Jackson sing the song 'Ben' on You Tube and it touched my heart just as it did when Michael sang it when he was with the Jackson Five. the singer was David Choi, it is utterly beautiful and simple just as it was intended to be and i loved it so much I had to write this Blog.

Please subscribe to David's You Tube channel, I'm not promoting his channel because he told me to...its because I truly believe he's talented and its moments like these that truly make you believe in another one, seeing this post of his made me remember why I loved Michael Jackson. Why I grew up lessening to him, honestly I'm sure David has no idea i wrote this, or will ever know, it was this post that made the subscription worth it in many ways. His heartfelt tribute to another artist now gone brought me to tears and I want to thank David for reminding me about cherished memories with just a few strokes of his guitar!


0 comments: